2nd Annual Keam Capitol Art Competition
Art Competition to Furnish Delegate Mark Keam's Capitol Office
Delegate Mark Keam is pleased to announce an art competition for constituents of the 35th House of Delegates District to be selected and displayed around his state Capitol office in Richmond during the 2012 General Assembly Session from January 11, 2012 to March 10, 2012. We welcome submissions from all residents of the VA House of Delegates 35th District encompassing parts of parts of Vienna (including the entire Town of Vienna), Fair Oaks, Penderbrook, Oakton, Dunn Loring, Tysons Corner and McLean.
If you are unsure if you are a constituent of the 35th House of Delegates district, you may check at http://conview.state.va.us/whosmy.nsf/main?openform.
Artists may submit a piece that fits into the following four categories:
1. Photography (Artwork captured with film or digital camera. The Image may have minor alterations such as color adjustments or black and white conversion. The changes should be minor and not distort the picture from the original, and if compared to the original should still resemble it. All photography should be original.)
2. Painting/Drawing (oil, acrylic, water color, pencil, color pencil, charcoal)
3. Digital (This category includes artwork that has been digital painted or created with photography. This could include two or more photo/artworks that have been manipulated from the original. In this category minor alterations do not apply, the photo(s) being used should be distinguishably different from the original and should be applied with other works, media, or techniques to create a unique composition of its own. All photography, art work, or media used should be original.)
4. Other (wood carving, relief, etc.)
All artwork submitted to the competition will be displayed in a digital art gallery on www.MarkKeam.com.
- Artwork should be 2-dimensional, framed ready to hang
- All artwork should be suitably matted and/or framed with a wire back- no saw tooth hangers
- Each piece should be no larger than 24 inches wide and 34 inches tall (816 square inches)
- Artwork should be created by a local resident who lives in the House of Delegates 35th District encompassing Vienna, Oakton, Dunn Loring, Tysons and Fairfax.
- If you are unsure which House of Delegates district you live in, you may check at http://conview.state.va.us/whosmy.nsf/main?openform.
- Themes that reflect Virginia and the 35th House of Delegates district are preferred.
- Each artist may only submit one piece into the competition.
Deadline & Submission:
- Please submit a digital copy of your artwork by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 14, 2011, c/o "Capitol Office Art Competition."
- Please provide the following information with your artwork submission: your full name, phone number, address and email address.
- You may choose to also provide information on your artwork such as artwork title, medium and brief explanation.
- Please bring your artwork to the Patrick Henry Library in Vienna on December 14, from 2 — 6 p.m., to hang in the reception room.
- A selection committee comprised of a member of the Vienna Town Council and citizens from the local community will select up to 8 pieces of artwork.
- Selections will be revealed during a reception on Monday, December 19, 2011, at Patrick Henry Library from 6 — 8 p.m.
Bringing Selected Artwork to Richmond:
- Artwork will be transported to Richmond on January 10 — January 11, 2012. Each piece will be bubble wrapped by Delegate Keam's staff before transport. Artists are welcome to provide extra wrapping or protection for their pieces if necessary.
Returning Artwork After Display Period:
- Artwork will be available for pick up in Delegate Keam's District Office on March 12 to March 16th, 2012. Please contact Julia Kim at (703) 350-3911 or email@example.com to make arrangements for artwork pick up.
Delegate Keam's district office is located at:
1952 Gallows Rd., Ste 210
Vienna, VA 22182
For additional information on this project, please contact Julia Kim at (703) 350-3911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: I understand that my artwork is selected to be displayed in Delegate Mark Keam's office, I will not hold Delegate Mark Keam, his employees or the like responsible for theft or damage. I further understand that the parties responsible for the competition and display of the work will take every step to insure the artwork is handled properly and carefully.